A resume is designed to GET YOU AN INTERVIEW – It will be up to you to secure the job by impressing the employer at the interview.
A professional resume writer cannot guarantee that you will get a job because it will depend on factors that are beyond their control -
For example . . .
* Some people apply for jobs without making necessary changes to their resume/cover letter
* Some people apply for jobs weeks (and not days) after they have been advertised
* Some people apply for jobs that they are not qualified for
* Some people make changes to their resume/cover letter and forget to proofread the documents for spelling and grammatical errors
* Some people may have a great interview but the employer later decides to promote from within the organisation instead
It is important to be realistic. It may take 2 weeks or 3 months to secure the job you want.
By submitting a polished resume and targeted cover letter that is tailored to the role perfectly, you have a better chance than anyone of being shortlisted for an interview.
** IMPORTANT **
Every time you apply for a job, make sure that your resume and cover letter address EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT listed in the job advertisement.
You may need to re-word one or two sentences to show that you have the specific experience that they are looking for.
Make sure you apply for jobs as soon as they are listed on a website – this will increase your chances dramatically as employers can receive 100’s of applications in just a few days. If they are inundated with applications, they will just stop reading them all after awhile.